Flume, mail # dev - How JIRA Issues are Classified

How JIRA Issues are Classified
Israel Ekpo 2013-03-26, 21:07
Hello Everyone,

I have ran into JIRA issues like
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLUME-1621 where very important
features within Flume are not documented properly or not documented at all
and we need to address the problem.

In this particular instance, I think the issue should have been classified
as Improvement or Documentation rather than as a Bug.

Should these be classified as Bugs, Improvements or Documentation.

So my question now is:

In general, when do we classify the JIRA issues as:

- Improvement
- Documentation
- Bug
- Wish
- Task
- New Feature

Are there any guidelines that could help in classifying the issues properly?