HBase, mail # user - Which LZO library to use?

Which LZO library to use?
Eran Kutner 2010-08-02, 10:25
Hi,
I want to enable LZO compression on my cluster but see there are a few
alternatives and the wiki page itself is very confusing so it's not clear
what is the right choice. I was looking at this page:
http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/UsingLzoCompression, at the top it recommends
using Kevin Weil's version (which seems to be the same one released by
Twitter) but warns it doesn't contain all fixes and lower in the article it
refers to the original google code repository (
http://code.google.com/p/hadoop-gpl-compression/).
The thing the concerns me most is future compatibility, so whichever library
I pick now I want to be certain my data compressed will still be readable
when I I upgrade to the next major version of Hadoop and Hbase. It seems
that only the Google code project has newer releases compatible with future
version of Hadoop.

So I'm looking for recommendations on which library to use.
Thanks,
Eran