Flume >> mail # user >> Would someone please comment on Tail Source in NG?

Would someone please comment on Tail Source in NG?
Hey guys,

I'm sure this is not a new question, but I haven't found an answer in my
searches.  I'm curious why there is as of yet no Tail Source with NG?  It
seems one of the most common use cases for Flume is to tail a log file and
dump it "somewhere".  Given that, it sure would seem that a Tail Source
would be one of the first sources that gets written with a new version.

I know about all the other ways to implement something *like* a Tail
Source:  Exec Source, AVRO, Log4Jappender...  and unfortunately they all
have limitations with regards to either functionality or
reliability/recoverability.

What am I missing here?

Is there any work being done on a Tail Source for NG?

I promise I'm not complaining, just trying to understand the logic. :)

Much appreciated.
Chris