Flume, mail # user - Mapping MySQL schema to Avro

Mapping MySQL schema to Avro
Bart Verwilst 2012-11-23, 13:11
Hello!

I'm currently writing an importer to import our MySQL data into hadoop
( as Avro files ). Attached you can find the schema i'm converting to
Avro, along with the corresponding Avro schema i would like to use for
my imported data. I was wondering if you guys could go over the schema
and determine if this is sane/optimal, and if not, how i should improve
it.

As a sidenote, i converted bigints to long, and had 1 occurrence of
double, which i also converted to long in the avro, not sure if that's
the correct type?

Thanks in advance for your expert opinions! ;)

Kind regards,

Bart
+
Bart Verwilst 2012-11-23, 13:13