HBase, mail # dev - checkAndPut with comparators

+
Rob Roland 2013-07-02, 23:11
+
Ted Yu 2013-07-02, 23:42
+
Rob Roland 2013-07-02, 23:47
+
Ted Yu 2013-07-02, 23:54
Re: checkAndPut with comparators
Stack 2013-07-03, 18:12
On Tue, Jul 2, 2013 at 4:47 PM, Rob Roland <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Ahh, okay. Sounds like the rest still applies, though, with wanting to
> expose this to the client APIs in an easier-to-use fashion?
>
> I'd also want to backport this patch to the 0.94.x series so I could
> actually use it in production also :)
>
> I do see the ComparatorProtos (and the various .proto files) in the
> hbase-protocol submodule. Is there a trick to regenerating them? Do I just
> need to run protoc manually? Not an issue if that's the case. I wired up my
> Maven pom in an internal project to call protoc for me during a build.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Rob

Hey Rob.

We are trying to move off Writables.

You should check out the valiant effort by our LarsH here:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-5923  It is related.

For pb generation, see hbase-protocol/src/main/protobuf/README.txt

Thanks,
St.Ack