Pig >> mail # dev >> Re: What outstanding patches are must haves for 0.10? (path to a RC theater)

+
Daniel Dai 2012-03-27, 05:33
+
Jonathan Coveney 2012-03-27, 05:44
+
Bill Graham 2012-03-27, 06:28
Re: What outstanding patches are must haves for 0.10? (path to a RC theater)
Yes, but CI anyway only run unit tests, we will have to run e2e test
by ourselves.

On Mon, Mar 26, 2012 at 10:44 PM, Jonathan Coveney <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Perhaps a big initiative for 0.11 could be to get the builds to the point
> where flaky tests don't essentially gut the usefulness of the CI server
> (Pig 0.9 hasn't passed in 6 months, etc). I'm not sure how difficult that
> would be though, and what the benefit would be. But it's pretty annoying to
> be able to wrap up a release when there are a bunch of "known useless"
> tests.
>
> 2012/3/26 Daniel Dai <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
>> Once PIG-2317 check in, only document patch (PIG-2601) and some of
>> Russell's patches left. Before roll up RC, we need to make sure all
>> unit tests and e2e tests pass, I can help with this.
>>
>> Daniel
>>
>> On Mon, Mar 26, 2012 at 10:29 PM, Jonathan Coveney <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>> wrote:
>> > It's time to get serious about rolling an RC. 0.10 seems pretty strong...
>> > are there any pressing JIRAs that people want to try and get in? Looking
>> at
>> > the open JIRAs with a fix labeled of 0.10 (which is admittedly possibly
>> > incomplete), it looks like there isn't anything terribly seriously
>> left...
>> > I'd love to get the ball rolling on an RC so we can test it and identify
>> > any bugs.
>> >
>> > Thoughts?

+
Jonathan Coveney 2012-03-27, 07:00