Drill >> mail # dev >> Recent Drill meetup in Bangalore (India)

Re: Recent Drill meetup in Bangalore (India)
Its been on my mind to focus a bit on building a local community here and
the opportunity came when Yash reached out to talk about Drill. It was a
good discussion where I shared the 2 cents I've understood about Drill.
Clearly there are enthusiastic folks who want to contribute to Open Source
in general but need some hand holding.

Specifically we spoke about the areas where people can contribute and the
different StorageEngine implementations seemed like a reasonably
independent stream of work that someone can pick up. We decided to spend
some time understanding the interfaces and also figure out a database that
we can implement for. Mongo was something we talked about owning to its
popularity. It looks like there is a JIRA out
there<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DRILL-87> to
deal with Mongo. Not sure if this means the same as implementing
StorageEngine for Mongo!

In any case the folks are open to exploring other ways of contributing.
Just that the Mongo idea seemed to be up-for-grabs at the moment. I'll look
up to others on this list for more guidance before concluding.

-- Hari