Pig >> mail # user >> Error while parsing commandline properties

+
Jeff Yuan 2013-03-02, 00:04
+
Johnny Zhang 2013-03-02, 00:11
Re: Error while parsing commandline properties
Hi Johnny,
Actually it was a mistake on my part. I was writing some custom code
that launches Grunt and I had a call that passed my input through
ParameterSubstitutionPreprocessor when it may not need to be. I
haven't had a chance to thoroughly read that class. Do you know off
the top of your head what kind of functionality does this class
provide? Would I be correct in assuming it's normally not needed?

Jeff
On Fri, Mar 1, 2013 at 4:11 PM, Johnny Zhang <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi, Jeff:
> It works for me though. Can you paste the whole command?
>
> Johnny
>

> On Fri, Mar 1, 2013 at 4:04 PM, Jeff Yuan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> Hi guys,
>>
>> I'm running pig from the command line in local mode, and trying to
>> pass in some properties, for example:
>> pig -x local ... -p mapred.map.tasks=2 -p mapred.reduce.tasks=1 ...
>>
>> I'm getting errors;
>> INFO parameters.ParameterSubstitutionPreprocessor: Encountered "
>> <OTHER> ".map.tasks=2 "" at line 1, column 7.
>> Was expecting:
>>     "=" ...
>>
>> My question is, what am I doing wrong? What's the correct way to pass
>> in the properties via command line arguments?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Jeff

+
Johnny Zhang 2013-03-02, 01:21