MapReduce, mail # user - MapReduce on Local FileSystem

RE: MapReduce on Local FileSystem
Agarwal, Nikhil 2013-05-31, 07:24
Hi,

Thank you for your reply. One simple answer can be to reduce the time taken for ingesting the data in HDFS.

Regards,
Nikhil

From: Sanjay Subramanian [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, May 31, 2013 12:50 PM
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: MapReduce on Local FileSystem

Basic question. Why would u want to do that ? Also I think the Map R Hadoop distribution has an NFS mountable HDFS
Sanjay

Sent from my iPhone

On May 30, 2013, at 11:37 PM, "Agarwal, Nikhil" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>> wrote:
Hi,

Is it possible to run MapReduce on multiple nodes using Local File system (file:///<file:///\\>)  ?
I am able to run it in single node setup but in a multiple node setup the "slave" nodes are not able to access the "jobtoken" file which is present in the Hadoop.tmp.dir in "master" node.

Please let me know if it is possible to do this.

Thanks & Regards,
Nikhil

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE