HBase >> mail # user >> Isolation level

+
Cristina 2012-06-15, 11:59
+
Jerry Lam 2012-06-15, 16:21
RE: Isolation level
Hi
           You can check Scan#setIsolationLevel() API for changing the level. By default it is  read committed means read only committed writes.

-Anoop-
From: Jerry Lam [[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, June 15, 2012 9:51 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Isolation level

Hi Cristina:

My understanding of HBase is that the isolation level fro read ops is Read
Committed. There is only write lock which could protect the data from
modifying by other requests but there is no read-lock (it is there but it
doesn't have any effect). Since put ops are atomic, it can succeed or fail
but not in the middle so clients can only read the data if the write ops
succeeds

HTH,

Jerry
On Fri, Jun 15, 2012 at 7:59 AM, Cristina <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have read that Hbase has read committed as isolation level, but I have
> some
> doubts.
> Is it possible to chage this level, for instance to read uncommitted? How
> could
> I do this?
> Another question, Is this isolation level based on locks? I have doubts
> because
> Hbase has multiversion concurrency control so it may implement read
> committed
> snapshot or snapshot isolation.
>
> Thanks,
>    Cristina