Hive >> mail # user >> DISCUSS: Hive language manual to be source control managed

Re: DISCUSS: Hive language manual to be source control managed
I am not sure about BNF. Hive uses antlr so the language itself is never
described as BNF. Maybe antlr has a tool or clever way to turn the .g file
into BNF. If it is possible that should be something we do during a
document generating step. Also if a new feature does change the language
the theory would be the feature would not be committed unless it had
associated documentation.