Hadoop >> mail # general >> Defining Hadoop Compatibility -revisiting-

Re: Defining Hadoop Compatibility -revisiting-
But "distribution Z includes X" kind of implies the existence of some such
that X != Y, Y != empty-set and X+Y = Z, at least in common usage.

Isn't that the same as a non-trunk change?

So doesn't this mean that your question reduces to the question of what
happens when non-Apache changes are made to an Apache release?  And isn't
that the definition of a derived work?