Hive >> mail # user >> Optimizing ORC Sorting - Replace two level Partitions with one?

Re: Optimizing ORC Sorting - Replace two level Partitions with one?
So there is one thing to be really carefully about bucketing. Say you
bucket a table into 10 buckets, select with where does not actually prune
the input buckets so many queries scan all the buckets.