MapReduce >> mail # user >> Re: Correct way to unzip locally an archive in Yarn

+
Sebastiano Vigna 2013-02-16, 10:34
+
Arun C Murthy 2013-02-16, 14:22
Re: Correct way to unzip locally an archive in Yarn
I will as soon as I can understand what happens on the cluster (no access
from home). DistributedCache.getLocalCacheFiles() returns in both cases a
local name for the zip file uploaded with -files, but locally my unzip code
works, on the cluster it throws a FileNotFoundException.
On 16 February 2013 15:22, Arun C Murthy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> This could be a bug, mind opening a jira? Thanks.
>
> On Feb 16, 2013, at 2:34 AM, Sebastiano Vigna wrote:
>
> On 15 February 2013 16:57, Robert Evans <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> Are you trying to run a Map/Reduce job or are you writing a new YARN
>> application?  If it is a MR job, then it should work mostly the same as
>> before (on 1.x). If you are writing a new YARN application then there is a
>> separate Map in the ContainerLaunchContext that you need to fill in.
>

> It's a MapReduce job (0.23.6). After two days of useless trials, I'm
> uploading the zip with -files and I wrote a stub to unzip it manually. I
> was positively unable to get the archive unzipped *to a local directory* in
> any way.
>
> Unfortunately it works in local but not on the cluster. I have still to
> discover why. :(
>
> Ciao,
>

> --
> Arun C. Murthy