Hadoop, mail # dev - Re: [UPDATE] Upgrade to protobuf 2.5.0 for the 2.1.0 release, HADOOP-9845

Re: [UPDATE] Upgrade to protobuf 2.5.0 for the 2.1.0 release, HADOOP-9845
Steve Loughran 2013-08-13, 23:41
On 13 August 2013 16:20, Alejandro Abdelnur <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Steve, this is a version issue, if you get protoc 2.5.0 in your PATH things
> will  work.

I assume that, but as the YARN docs still talk about 0.24, they need to be
updated too

> [...]
> > Downloading:
> >

> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/snapshots/com/google/protobuf/protobuf-java/2.5.0/protobuf-java-2.5.0.pom
> > Downloading:
> >

> http://repository.jboss.org/nexus/content/groups/public/com/google/protobuf/protobuf-java/2.5.0/protobuf-java-2.5.0.pom
> > Downloading:
> >

> http://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2/com/google/protobuf/protobuf-java/2.5.0/protobuf-java-2.5.0.pom
> > Downloaded:
> >

> http://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2/com/google/protobuf/protobuf-java/2.5.0/protobuf-java-2.5.0.pom(9
> > KB at 185.9 KB/sec)
> > Downloading:
> >

> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/snapshots/com/google/protobuf/protobuf-java/2.5.0/protobuf-java-2.5.0.jar
> > Downloading:
> >

> http://repository.jboss.org/nexus/content/groups/public/com/google/protobuf/protobuf-java/2.5.0/protobuf-java-2.5.0.jar
> > Downloading:
> >

> http://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2/com/google/protobuf/protobuf-java/2.5.0/protobuf-java-2.5.0.jar
> > Downloaded:
> >

> http://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2/com/google/protobuf/protobuf-java/2.5.0/protobuf-java-2.5.0.jar(521
> > KB at 7039.9 KB/sec)
> > [INFO]
> > [INFO] --- maven-clean-plugin:2.4.1:clean (default-clean) @ hadoop-common
> > ---
> > [INFO] Deleting
> >

> /Users/stevel/Projects/hadoop-trunk/hadoop-common-project/hadoop-common/target
> > [INFO]
> > [INFO] --- maven-antrun-plugin:1.6:run (create-testdirs) @ hadoop-common
> > ---
> > [INFO] Executing tasks
> >
> > main:
> >     [mkdir] Created dir:
> >

> /Users/stevel/Projects/hadoop-trunk/hadoop-common-project/hadoop-common/target/test-dir
> >     [mkdir] Created dir:
> >

> /Users/stevel/Projects/hadoop-trunk/hadoop-common-project/hadoop-common/target/test/data
> > [INFO] Executed tasks
> > [INFO]
> > [INFO] --- hadoop-maven-plugins:3.0.0-SNAPSHOT:protoc (compile-protoc) @
> > hadoop-common ---
> > [WARNING] [protoc, --version] failed with error code 1
> > [ERROR] protoc, could not get version
> > [INFO]
> > [INFO] Reactor Summary:
> > [INFO]
> >

> > Assuming this is just a versioning issue, can you update the
> documentation
> > in the wiki &
> >

> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/hadoop/common/trunk/hadoop-yarn-project/hadoop-yarn/READMEto
> > be consistent with the current protobuf requirements. I do want to
> > follow the instructions not just because I am lazy, but because I want to
> > manually test the installation process itself
> >
> > Once that's done I will try to follow these instructions to get protobuf
> > 2.5 installed on my homebrew-managed mac.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE