MapReduce, mail # dev - Re: [VOTE] Release hadoop-2.0.3-alpha

+
Konstantin Boudnik 2013-02-13, 03:44
+
Konstantin Boudnik 2013-02-13, 04:52
+
Sandy Ryza 2013-02-13, 05:36
+
Jason Lowe 2013-02-12, 23:56
+
Siddharth Seth 2013-02-12, 19:39
+
Aaron T. Myers 2013-02-09, 00:25
+
Konstantin Boudnik 2013-02-09, 00:55
+
lohit 2013-02-09, 01:07
+
Zhijie Shen 2013-02-11, 18:40
+
Arun C Murthy 2013-02-14, 18:49
Re: [VOTE] Release hadoop-2.0.3-alpha
Konstantin Shvachko 2013-02-13, 09:00
+1

Downloaded src and binaries.
Built from sources on CentOS 6.3
Ran dfsio, slive, examples, terasort.
Tried gridmix, but it failed with some NPEs.
Built HBase 0.94 with Hadoop 2.0.3
Ran HBase shell commands.
Recompiled and ran different loads of YCSB.
Checked documentation and the release notes.

Thanks,
--Konst
On Wed, Feb 6, 2013 at 7:59 PM, Arun C Murthy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Folks,
>
> I've created a release candidate (rc0) for hadoop-2.0.3-alpha that I would like to release.
>
> This release contains several major enhancements such as QJM for HDFS HA, multi-resource scheduling for YARN, YARN ResourceManager restart etc.
> Also YARN has achieved significant stability at scale (more details from Y! folks here: http://s.apache.org/VYO).
>
> The RC is available at: http://people.apache.org/~acmurthy/hadoop-2.0.3-alpha-rc0/
> The RC tag in svn is here: http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/hadoop/common/tags/release-2.0.3-alpha-rc0/

> thanks,