Pig >> mail # user >> Are records tuple

Are records tuple
I am writing unit test but I had a doubt. My understanding is that complete
record is a tuple. So record "a b
{(ST:NC),(ZIP:28613),(CITY:Xxxxxxx),(NAM2:Xxxxx X &xxx; Xxxxx X
Xxxxxx)}        {(OCCUP:xxxxxxx xxxxx),(AGE:55    ),(MARITAL:Married)}"
which is one line in a file is a tuple? But I somehow feel it's not right.
Could someone please clarify?

Below is the code, my test is incomplete but just pasting it to show how I
am constructing this tuple.
  TupleFactory mTupleFactory = TupleFactory.getInstance();
 BagFactory mBagFactory = BagFactory.getInstance();

 @Test
 public void evalFuncTest() throws IOException{
  String record = "a b
{(ST:NC),(ZIP:28613),(CITY:Xxxxxxx),(NAM2:Xxxxx X &xxx; Xxxxx X
Xxxxxx)}        {(OCCUP:xxxxxxx xxxxx),(AGE:55    ),(MARITAL:Married)}";
  Tuple t = mTupleFactory.newTuple();
  DataInput in = new DataInputStream(new
ByteArrayInputStream(record.getBytes()));
  t.readFields(in);
 }