HBase >> mail # user >> Region is not online: .META.,,1

+
Mesika, Asaf 2012-11-07, 05:28
Re: Region is not online: .META.,,1
After restart, running hbck results in:
12/11/07 06:07:28 DEBUG client.MetaScanner: Scanning .META. starting at row= for max=2147483647 rows using org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HConnectionManager$HConnectionImplementation@51b4a74b

12/11/07 06:07:28 INFO util.HBaseFsck: getHTableDescriptors == tableNames => []
at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.util.HBaseFsck.reportTablesInFlux(HBaseFsck.java:560)
at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.util.HBaseFsck.onlineConsistencyRepair(HBaseFsck.java:346)
at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.util.HBaseFsck.onlineHbck(HBaseFsck.java:382)
at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.util.HBaseFsck.main(HBaseFsck.java:3120)

HBase is version 0.94.0
On Nov 7, 2012, at 7:28 AM, Mesika, Asaf wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a cluster with 10 RS and 1 Master.
> From some reason, any call to the HBase fails. I ran hbck and got the same failure:
>
> Tue Nov 06 13:27:07 UTC 2012, org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.ScannerCallable@7d8a8ce2, org.apache.hadoop.hbase.NotServingRegionException: org.apache.hadoop.hbase.NotServingRegionException: Region is not online: .META.,,1
>
> at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.ServerCallable.withRetries(ServerCallable.java:183)
> at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.MetaScanner.metaScan(MetaScanner.java:196)
> at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.MetaScanner.access$000(MetaScanner.java:48)
> at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.MetaScanner$1.connect(MetaScanner.java:126)
> at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.MetaScanner$1.connect(MetaScanner.java:123)
> at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HConnectionManager.execute(HConnectionManager.java:359)
> at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.MetaScanner.metaScan(MetaScanner.java:123)
> at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.MetaScanner.metaScan(MetaScanner.java:99)
> at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.MetaScanner.metaScan(MetaScanner.java:77)
> at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.MetaScanner.metaScan(MetaScanner.java:61)
> at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.util.HBaseFsck.loadMetaEntries(HBaseFsck.java:2234)
> at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.util.HBaseFsck.onlineConsistencyRepair(HBaseFsck.java:334)
> at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.util.HBaseFsck.onlineHbck(HBaseFsck.java:382)
> at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.util.HBaseFsck.main(HBaseFsck.java:3120)
>

> Anyone has any idea how to fix it without the obvious restart?

+
Mesika, Asaf 2012-11-08, 14:31
+
Leonid Fedotov 2012-11-07, 15:43