HBase >> mail # user >> Heterogeneous cluster

+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2012-12-08, 03:32
+
Asaf Mesika 2012-12-09, 10:08
+
James Chang 2012-12-08, 15:17
+
Robert Dyer 2012-12-08, 18:38
+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2012-12-08, 19:34
+
Michael Segel 2012-12-08, 23:45
Re: Heterogeneous cluster
I of course can not speak for Jean-Marc, however my use case is not very
corporate.  It is a small cluster (9 nodes) and only 1 of those nodes is
different (drastically different).

And yes, I configured it so that node has a lot more map slots.  However,
the problem is HBase balances without regard to that and thus even though
more map tasks run on those nodes they are not data-local!  If I have a
balancer that is able to keep more regions on that particular node, then
the data locality of my map tasks is improved.

Robert Dyer
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
+
Michael Segel 2012-12-09, 08:27