Flume >> mail # user >> Avro client in NG as replacement for tail source in OG?

Re: Avro client in NG as replacement for tail source in OG?
I could get around the tail -F problem of Solaris with gtail, but that
doesn't address the reliability problem.

I also found this:
http://logging.apache.org/log4j/2.x/manual/appenders.html#FlumeAvroAppenderwhich
has potential, but it's in an alpha release of log4J, which won't fly
in my production environment.

Can anyone comment on the priority/timeframe of a tail source in NG?  :)

Thanks!