Accumulo >> mail # user >> 'Redundant' mutations

'Redundant' mutations
At time 0, I make a Mutation with put("a", "b", "c");

At time 1, I do it again.

Do I get:

a) two copies of the same data with different timestamps?

b) an error?

c) something else?

If the idea I'm looking for is to end up with one item without doing a
scan each time to see if it's out there, is there a 'garbage
collection' cliche for cleaning out redundant items that differ only
in timestamp?