Hive >> mail # user >> Disc quota exceeded

Re: Disc quota exceeded
Seems to me like you might be just running out of disk space on one of the
partitions. What does the output of "df -kh" say?

Also, I just speculate that it might be your "/tmp" directory out of space
because that is where hive tries to dump a bunch of log entries before it
starts up. (/tmp/<user>/hive.log).

--
Swarnim