Hadoop >> mail # general >> Native libraries on Mac

Re: Native libraries on Mac
A follow up:

I've successfully figured out how to point ivy to my maven repository
by editing the ivy/ivysettings.xml file, and have successfully built
the binaries. However, now I can't figure out how to load the
libraries.

I try to run a simple java program that calls
'System.loadLibrary("hadoop");' from the command line with the library
path set:
java -Djava.library.path=$HADOOP_HOME/lib/native/Mac_OS_X-x86_64-64 TestClass

But I get a stack trace saying it can't find the library!

Perhaps this is related to a bug reported on the common-user mailing list:

If anybody has any ideas or a patch to fix the 64 bit build on Mac or
whatever, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,

Christopher