HBase, mail # dev - [UPDATE] Finishing up 0.96 --> WAS Re: 0.95 and 0.96 remaining issues

Andrew Purtell 2013-08-05, 17:01
Clarification would be great. I read Elliot's veto of our work as based on
both process and maturity concerns. Let's see how they stack up.

> HFileV3:
> * Showed up very late in the merge window

Same

> * Still needs revisions

Has not even been reviewed yet. Depends on code only existing in a
developer's private GitHub.

> * Hasn't been put on large clusters publicly.

Same

> * Is not the green field HFileV3, and doesn't have time for a complete
re-do

Not applicable

> * Can easily be done without out downtime

Same

> * Will 100% have perf impacts.

See my other comment about perf impacts if V3 is used without tags.
I have no objection to the trace work on technical grounds.

--
Best regards,

   - Andy

(via Tom White)