Accumulo >> mail # dev >> Using powermock-api-mockito in tests?

+
David Medinets 2013-03-21, 20:59
+
dlmarion@... 2013-03-21, 21:11
+
Dave Marion 2013-03-21, 22:40
Re: Using powermock-api-mockito in tests?
The AccumuloVFSClassLoaderTest tests require ACCUMULO_HOME to be
defined. It is not defined on my Windows computer. Therefore, the
tests failed. I argue that a unit test should be independent of the
underlying system otherwise it is some kind of integration or
functional test. And in this case, mocking the System.getenv() call
should be easy to do.

On Thu, Mar 21, 2013 at 6:40 PM, Dave Marion <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Out of curiosity, why do you say that " System.getenv() which breaks the tests in AccumuloVFSClassLoaderTest?" It's worked fine for a while. What is different now?
+
dlmarion@... 2013-03-22, 01:44
+
Josh Elser 2013-03-21, 22:43