HDFS, mail # user - Re: How to submit Tool jobs programatically in parallel?

Re: How to submit Tool jobs programatically in parallel?
Manoj Babu 2012-12-14, 05:57
David,

You try like below instead of runJob() you can try submitJob().

JobClient jc = new JobClient(job);
jc.submitJob(job);

Cheers!
Manoj.

On Fri, Dec 14, 2012 at 10:09 AM, David Parks <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> I'm submitting unrelated jobs programmatically (using AWS EMR) so they run
> in parallel.
>
> I'd like to run an s3distcp job in parallel as well, but the interface to
> that job is a Tool, e.g. ToolRunner.run(...).
>
> ToolRunner blocks until the job completes though, so presumably I'd need to
> create a thread pool to run these jobs in parallel.
>
> But creating multiple threads to submit concurrent jobs via ToolRunner,
> blocking on the jobs completion, just feels improper. Is there an
> alternative?

+
David Parks 2012-12-14, 06:14
+