Hadoop >> mail # dev >> [VOTE] Hadoop-1.0.0 release candidate 2

Re: [VOTE] Hadoop-1.0.0 release candidate 2
On Fri, Dec 9, 2011 at 3:26 PM, Matt Foley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi Roman,
> regarding MAPREDUCE-3319 I'm confused too.  Your comment in the bug as
> of 28/Nov/11 21:49 seems to indicate that it is fixed, but clearly it wasn't
> fixed the same way as Subroto's patch (which came in on Dec 6).

What is the tag corresponding to this RC?  The svn rev. where I couldn't
reproduce it is this: branch-1.0@1207581 not sure how it relates to the rev
from which the RC was cut. That's why I asked this question on a JIRA:
   https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MAPREDUCE-3319?focusedCommentId=13158818&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-13158818

> Anyway, I reviewed and committed Subroto's patch to branch-1.  If there is a
> need to regenerate the RC for 1.0.0, I'll merge it to branch-1.0, but I hope
> no one will think this is serious enough to be a cause to regenerate the RC
> just for this patch.

It would be sad to see 1.0 with a bundled example that doesn't work out of
the box because of a trivial problem. There's only been one day of RC
out there and the fix seems very low risk. Given that, perhaps the
trade-off of wasting one day of potential testing of RC by a community
can be considered.

I can offer any help with regenerating the RC with patch applied that you
might need.

Thanks,
Roman.