MapReduce >> mail # dev >> [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.1.0-beta

+
Arun C Murthy 2013-06-26, 08:17
+
Roman Shaposhnik 2013-06-28, 19:25
+
Arun C Murthy 2013-06-28, 21:05
+
Roman Shaposhnik 2013-07-02, 00:33
+
Hitesh Shah 2013-06-28, 19:03
+
Sandy Ryza 2013-06-28, 19:07
+
Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli 2013-07-03, 18:06
+
Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli 2013-07-17, 19:24
+
Alejandro Abdelnur 2013-07-17, 20:04
+
Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli 2013-07-17, 23:14
+
Alejandro Abdelnur 2013-07-17, 23:25
I have just raised https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HDFS-5016 .. This
bug can easily be reproduced by some HBase tests. I'd like this to be
considered before we make a beta release. Have spoken about this with some
hdfs folks offline and I am told that it is being worked on.

Thanks
Devaraj
On Wed, Jul 17, 2013 at 4:25 PM, Alejandro Abdelnur <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> As I've mentioned in my previous email, if we get YARN-701 in, we should
> also get in the fix for unmanaged AMs in an un-secure setup in 2.1.0-beta.
> Else is a regression of a functionality it is already working.
>
> Because of that, to avoid continuing delaying the release, I'm suggesting
> to mention in the release notes the API changes and behavior changes that
> YARN-918 and YARN-701 will bring into the next beta or GA release.
>
> thx
>

> On Wed, Jul 17, 2013 at 4:14 PM, Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>

> > On Jul 17, 2013, at 1:04 PM, Alejandro Abdelnur wrote:
> >
> > > * YARN-701
> > >
> > > It should be addressed before a GA release.
> > >
> > > Still, as it is this breaks unmanaged AMs and to me
> > > that would be a blocker for the beta.
> > >
> > > YARN-701 and the unmanaged AMs fix should be committed
> > > in tandem.
> > >
> > > * YARN-918
> > >
> > > It is a consequence of YARN-701 and depends on it.
> >

> > YARN-918 is an API change. And YARN-701 is a behaviour change. We need
> > both in 2.1.0.
> >

> > > * YARN-926
> > >
> > > It would be nice to have it addressed before GA release.
> >

> > Either ways. I'd get it in sooner than later specifically when we are
> > trying to replace the old API with the new one.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > +Vino

+
Arun C Murthy 2013-07-29, 22:00