HBase >> mail # user >> Spatial data posting in HBase

+
cto 2013-09-24, 11:15
+
Ted Yu 2013-09-24, 13:43
Re: Spatial data posting in HBase
If you mean "insert and query" spatial data, look at algorithms that are
"distributed databases compliant" : geohash, z-index, voronoi diagram...

Well, that makes me want to write a blog article about these topics :)
On Tue, Sep 24, 2013 at 3:43 PM, Ted Yu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> There're plenty of examples in unit tests.
> e.g. :
>
>       Put put = new Put(Bytes.toBytes("row" + String.format("%1$04d", i)));
>       put.add(family, null, value);
>       table.put(put);
>
> value can be obtained through Bytes.toBytes().
> table is an HTable.
>
> Cheers
>

> On Tue, Sep 24, 2013 at 4:15 AM, cto <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Hi ,
> >
> > I am very new in HBase. Could you please let me know , how to insert
> > spatial
> > data (Latitude / Longitude) in HBase using Java .
> >

> > --

Adrien Mogenet
http://www.borntosegfault.com
+