Accumulo >> mail # dev >> Re: [VOTE] JDK 1.7 - Switch for Accumulo 1.6.0

On Mon, Jun 3, 2013 at 5:04 PM, Josh Elser <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> <snip>

Also, some quick searching leads me to believe that 1.6 bytecode will run
> on a 1.7 JVM, but not vice versa. Does anyone know if this is the case? I
> apologize if I'm bringing up an already-discussed subject.
> <snip>

Just to confirm, the JDK7 compatibility guide says JDK7 compiled code won't
work on a Java 6 VM[1]:

> The class file version for Java SE 7 is 51, as per the JVM Specification,
because of the invokedynamic byte code
> introduced by JSR 292. Version 51 class files produced by the Java SE 7
compiler cannot be used in Java SE 6.

[1]:
http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/compatibility-417013.html#binary

--