Kafka, mail # user - How large memory I needed to the zookeeper and kafka server?

Re: How large memory I needed to the zookeeper and kafka server?
Jay Kreps 2012-10-31, 15:40
Yes. Kafka doesn't use much in process memory, our 4GB is probably just
because no one bothered to tune it. But memory given to the JVM takes away
from the OS cache and will result in more disk I/O.

-Jay