Accumulo, mail # dev - Accumulo 1.6 and beyond feature summit

+
Adam Fuchs 2013-01-27, 01:10
+
Josh Elser 2013-01-29, 01:37
+
Keith Turner 2013-01-27, 17:26
+
Eric Newton 2013-01-27, 20:43
+
Eric Newton 2013-01-27, 22:07
+
David Medinets 2013-01-28, 15:46
+
Jim Klucar 2013-01-28, 16:38
+
Josh Elser 2013-01-28, 17:03
+
Eric Newton 2013-01-28, 19:26
+
Josh Elser 2013-01-28, 21:34
+
William Slacum 2013-01-29, 00:12
+
Dave Marion 2013-01-29, 00:21
+
William Slacum 2013-01-29, 00:32
+
Dave Marion 2013-01-29, 00:50
+
Keith Turner 2013-01-29, 17:15
+
Christopher 2013-01-29, 17:34
+
Keith Turner 2013-01-29, 17:38
+
Christopher 2013-01-29, 18:53
+
David Medinets 2013-01-29, 18:21
+
Christopher Tubbs 2013-01-29, 18:55
+
William Slacum 2013-01-29, 17:40
+
dlmarion@... 2013-01-29, 17:52
+
John Vines 2013-01-29, 18:11
+
Mike Drob 2013-01-29, 19:26
+
Adam Fuchs 2013-01-30, 17:22
+
Aaron Cordova 2013-01-30, 18:20
+
Keith Turner 2013-01-30, 18:28
+
Aaron Cordova 2013-01-30, 18:30
+
Keith Turner 2013-01-30, 18:36
+
Christopher 2013-01-31, 00:39
+
dlmarion@... 2013-01-31, 21:45
+
John Vines 2013-01-28, 17:20
+
Josh Elser 2013-01-28, 17:29
+
Billie Rinaldi 2013-01-31, 22:10
+
Benson Margulies 2013-02-01, 07:36
+
Aaron Cordova 2013-02-01, 15:04
+
Benson Margulies 2013-02-01, 15:36
+
Adam Fuchs 2013-02-01, 15:22
Re: Accumulo 1.6 and beyond feature summit
Billie Rinaldi 2013-02-01, 15:49
On Fri, Feb 1, 2013 at 7:22 AM, Adam Fuchs <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> How I read Benson's comment is that if anyone feels excluded by the online
> forum and voices that objection then we should not do it. This is not to
> say that the community has any power to forbid communication about Accumulo
> outside of email channels, but we should make things as accessible as
> possible and only make official decisions via approved channels (do we have
> by-laws to approve channels yet?).

We should work on our by-laws.  I believe the only channel we have to make
decisions is through the mailing list (and by extension JIRA, since it is
logged to the mailing list).

Billie

> Another way to think of this online forum is like a meetup. We're proposing
> to do a couple of things to be as inclusive as possible -- one is to record
> the presentations so that everyone can see them on their own schedule. The
> other is to refrain from any official decision making at this event. This
> is only intended to facilitate information exchange.
>
> Adam
>

> On Fri, Feb 1, 2013 at 10:04 AM, Aaron Cordova <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Benson,
> >
> > Just to be clear (I had to re-read your email a few times to understand)
> > you're saying a real-time online discussion such as Adam is proposing has
> > the potential to exclude some members of the dev community and that we
> > should be sure to stick to things like this email discussion to avoid
> those
> > problems?
> >

> > Thanks,
> >
> > Aaron
> >

> > On Feb 1, 2013, at 2:36 AM, Benson Margulies <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > I want to caution everyone that this process skates close to an edge
> > > of an Apache invariant. An online forum has the potential to exclude
> > > people in far-away time zones or with other constraints. At Apache, we
> > > try to maximize the use of email to avoid this problem.
> > >
> > > Nothing here is an absolute -- I'm not trying to torpedo this plan
> > altogether.
> > >
> > > Nothing, that is, except except that _decisions_ must be made on the
> > > mailing list afterwards.
> > >
> > > If anyone in the dev community feels excluded by this prospect, I
> > > would encourage you to speak up now, so that the planners can make
> > > adjustments to minimize that.

> > existing
> > collaborate

> be