HBase, mail # user - Bulk loading job failed when one region server went down in the cluster

Bulk loading job failed when one region server went down in the cluster
anil gupta 2012-03-30, 23:05
Hi All,

I am using cdh3u2 and i have 7 worker nodes(VM's spread across two
machines) which are running Datanode, Tasktracker, and Region Server(1200
MB heap size). I was loading data into HBase using Bulk Loader with a
custom mapper. I was loading around 34 million records and I have loaded
the same set of data in the same environment many times before without any
problem. This time while loading the data, one of the region server(but the
DN and TT kept on running on that node ) failed and then after numerous
failures of map-tasks the loding job failed. Is there any
setting/configuration which can make Bulk Loading fault-tolerant to failure
of region-servers?

--
Thanks & Regards,
Anil Gupta