Pig, mail # user - InstanceAlreadyExistsException on initializing MiniCluster

InstanceAlreadyExistsException on initializing MiniCluster
Johannes Schwenk 2012-05-24, 13:35
Hi everybody,

I'm trying to run some unit tests for a custom LOAD function that use
MiniCluster. I get the following exception when running on pig 0.10.0 :

http://pastebin.com/sNJBgJHC

For pig 0.8.1 I don't get that error. I have no idea how to resolve
this. BTW: I am calling shutdown() on the MiniCluster instance like this:

[...]
private static MiniCluster cluster = MiniCluster.buildCluster();
[...]

@AfterClass
public static void shutdown() {
cluster.shutDown();
}
[...]

I suspect this could be similar to

but I have no idea yet what is the linking piece of code and the bugs
are still open.

The unit test of the pig release (0.10.0) run and also report only
Errors on those tests that use a MiniCluster instance. That seems to me
a show stopper to further development since tests cannot be run reliably...

What can we do to get this running again?

Johannes Schwenk

--
Softwareentwickler (Reporting)

ADITION technologies AG
Schwarzwaldstraße 78b
79117 Freiburg

http://www.adition.com

T +49 / (0)761 / 88147 - 30
F +49 / (0)761 / 88147 - 77
SUPPORT +49  / (0)1805 - ADITION

(Festnetzpreis 14 ct/min; Mobilfunkpreise maximal 42 ct/min)

Eingetragen beim Amtsgericht Düsseldorf unter HRB 54076
Vorstände: Andreas Kleiser, Jörg Klekamp, Tihomir Perkovic, Marcus Schlüter
Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender: Rechtsanwalt Daniel Raimer
UStIDNr.: DE 218 858 434