Hadoop >> mail # user >> REST API returning op not supported

REST API returning op not supported
Hadoop newbie here...

Trying to make a REST call from curl but no matter what I try I'm always getting this exception:

curl -i -X PUT "http://my-hadoop-host:50075/webhdfs/v1/user/hduser/foo?op=MKDIRS"

HTTP/1.1 400 Bad Request
Transfer-Encoding: chunked
Server: Jetty(6.1.26)

{"RemoteException":{"exception":"UnsupportedOperationException","javaClassName":"java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException","message":"op=MKDIRS is not supported"}}

Same result different operation:

curl -i "http://my-hadoop-host:50075/webhdfs/v1/user/hduser?op=LISTSTATUS"
HTTP/1.1 400 Bad Request
Transfer-Encoding: chunked
Server: Jetty(6.1.26)

{"RemoteException":{"exception":"UnsupportedOperationException","javaClassName":"java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException","message":"op=LISTSTATUS is not supported"}}

Any ideas what's wrong?  Running Hadoop 1.0.2 with this in my hdfs-site.xml

  <property>
    <name>dfs.webhdfs.enabled</name>
    <value>true</value>
    <description>Enable or disable webhdfs. Defaults to false</description>
  </property>

Thanks in advance
This message and its contents (to include attachments) are the property of National Health Systems, Inc. and may contain confidential and proprietary information. This email and any files transmitted with it are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. You are hereby notified that any unauthorized disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message, or the taking of any unauthorized action based on information contained herein is strictly prohibited. Unauthorized use of information contained herein may subject you to civil and criminal prosecution and penalties. If you are not the intended recipient, you should delete this message immediately and notify the sender immediately by telephone or by replying to this transmission.
+
Arpit Gupta 2012-07-18, 21:24
+
Corbett Martin 2012-07-18, 21:31