Avro >> mail # user >> Limitations in enum symbols not mentioned in the spec

Re: Limitations in enum symbols not mentioned in the spec
On Wed, Feb 27, 2013 at 11:10 AM, Francis Galiegue <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 27, 2013 at 7:53 PM, Tatu Saloranta <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> [...]
>>>
>>> I was talking about what is allowed in map keys, not values -- if map
>>> keys were able to be anything other than strings, Avro could not be
>>> mapped to JSON.
>>
>> JSON does not limit keys in any ways, so this is not true.
>
> I was talking about member names, not member values ;)

Ah. I misread your statement there, and (wrongly) thought you meant
that key value domains were limited similar to property names. But you
just meant that non-String values are not allowed.

-+ Tatu +-