Hadoop, mail # general - 0.23.3 release coming soon

0.23.3 release coming soon
Robert Evans 2012-08-23, 20:52
[https://mail.google.com/mail/images/cleardot.gif]
I am planning to do cut a release candidate of 0.23.3 in the next week or so.  I am waiting for a few more JIRAs to go in (MAPREDUCE-3943 and HDFS-3177), and a bit more testing before I call a vote.  I know not too many people have been putting things into branch-0.23 directly, but if you do want to please check with me first. After I cut the release I will open the branch up again for more bug fixes for a 23.4 release.  I expect 0.23.4 to come about a month after 0.23.3. This is to incorporate any bug fixes needed as Yahoo! and hopefully others do more testing on 0.23.3 and start rolling it out to more clusters.
[https://mail.google.com/mail/images/cleardot.gif]

--Bobby Evans