Avro >> mail # user >> Design decision question about the Avro Java API

Re: Design decision question about the Avro Java API
On Wed, Feb 27, 2013 at 7:34 PM, Tatu Saloranta <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
[...]
>> Well, to have user code be aware that it can fail, for one ;)
>
> Unchecked exceptions are no uncatchable exceptions, so you can catch
> them as well as checked ones can't you?

Sure, but this is not good practice for one, and it can lead to very
nasty surprises when it fails -- in production, otherwise it's not
funny ;)

I catch it right now, but I'd rather my IDE tells me that "hey, it can
fail here, deal with that" -- and I do.

--
Francis Galiegue, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
JSON Schema in Java: http://json-schema-validator.herokuapp.com