HBase >> mail # dev >> ANN: The third hbase 0.94.0 release candidate is available for download

Re: ANN: The third hbase 0.94.0 release candidate is available for download
On Mon, May 14, 2012 at 8:15 AM, lars hofhansl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> It's default off. I'd say we just say it's an experimental feature in the release notes.

+1 for calling it experimental in notes and docs, and not removing it.
Replication was in an experimental state for quite some time, too, and
we didn't rip that out - I think shipping things off-by-default with
clear labeling is one of the best ways to sand down rough edges.

> Are you saying we should have another RC?
> There was other stuff that went into 0.94 after I cut the RC, so that would potentially need to stabilize if I cut a new RC now.
>
> -- Lars

Todd Lipcon
Software Engineer, Cloudera