Pig, mail # dev - [GSoC 2012] Interested in PIG Cubing [PIG-2167]

+
ASF - Maillists 2012-03-26, 17:48
+
Prasanth Jayachandran 2012-03-27, 18:24
Re: [GSoC 2012] Interested in PIG Cubing [PIG-2167]
Daniel Dai 2012-03-27, 18:57
Thanks Prasanth,
Please refer to
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/PIG/GSoc2012. There is a
list of things you need to cover in your proposal.

Thanks,
Daniel

On Tue, Mar 27, 2012 at 11:24 AM, Prasanth Jayachandran
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hello everyone
>
> I am MS student at The Ohio State University and I have been working on hadoop for about a year. I have worked on implementing map side fragment replicated join in YSmart as a part of a course project. I am currently doing research with Prof. Arnab Nandi. During the course of the research I implemented a naive version of CUBE operator in Pig. I would like to extend and improvise my initial implementation with optimizations and features by participating in Google Summer of Code 2012.
>
> The patch for initial implementation of CUBE operator can be found here (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PIG-2167). It will be really helpful if someone (or mentor) can review the patch and provide feedback so that I can incorporate them in GSoC proposal document. I would also like to know if there is any specific format for the GSoC proposal?
>
> Looking forward for the feedback.
>
> Thanks
> Prasanth
+