Hadoop >> mail # user >> Is it ok to manually delta ~hadoop/mapred/local/taskTracker/archive/*

Re: Is it ok to manually delta ~hadoop/mapred/local/taskTracker/archive/*
On Tue, Aug 9, 2011 at 8:34 AM, Robert J Berger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Looks like I have something not configured particularly well so that
> mapred/local/taskTracker/archive is a local filesystem and its filling
> things up.

Configure the size of the distributed cache on each node using
local.cache.size, which defaults to 10gb.
> Is it ok to delete mapred/local/taskTracker/archive/* at the Unix level? Or
> is there some other way to force that to be deleted.
If you restart the task tracker, I believe it will delete it. You shouldn't
delete it behind the scenes, because you'll cause failures for any running
tasks and confuse the task tracker with what it has stored.
> I can't really restart my hadoop cluster just to fix this right n ow. I'm
> running hadoop 0.20.1.
I'd highly recommend you upgrade to 0.20.203.0.

-- Owen