HBase, mail # user - Create table with coprocessors from hbase shell

+
anil gupta 2013-06-13, 00:00
+
Michael Segel 2013-06-13, 02:27
Re: Create table with coprocessors from hbase shell
Mohammad Tariq 2013-06-13, 02:33
Hello Anil and Michael,

      As of hbase-0.94.4 it is not possible to create a table with co-proc
using create command through shell. Though alter has the option to add a
co-proc.

hbase> alter 't1', METHOD => 'table_att',
'coprocessor'=>'hdfs:///foo.jar|com.foo.FooRegionObserver|1001|arg1=1,arg2=2'
Warm Regards,
Tariq
cloudfront.blogspot.com
On Thu, Jun 13, 2013 at 7:57 AM, Michael Segel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> Depending on the version of HBase and thus HBase Shell, what does the help
> command tell you?
> If the alter table doesn't have it as an option... then I'd say you're
> better off writing Java.
>
> On Jun 12, 2013, at 7:00 PM, anil gupta <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Hi All,
> >
> > I am using hbase(0.94.2) shell to create tables that are using
> > coprocessors.  I have added coprocessors to existing tables by using
> > HBaseAdmin api. But, now i need to need to add them while creating the
> > table.
> >
> > As per the following link i can alter a table and add a coproc. But, i
> > cannot find any command that will enable me to add coproc to the table at
> > the time of creation.
> > https://blogs.apache.org/hbase/entry/coprocessor_introduction
> >
> > Please let me know whether it is possible to add coproc at the time of
> > creating table(from shell) or not?
> >
> > --
> > Thanks & Regards,
> > Anil Gupta