HBase, mail # user - Does Hbase read .bashrc file??

+
Mohammad Tariq 2013-05-11, 19:38
+
Amandeep Khurana 2013-05-11, 19:44
+
Mohammad Tariq 2013-05-11, 20:02
+
Amandeep Khurana 2013-05-11, 23:21
+
Mohammad Tariq 2013-05-11, 23:32
+
Stack 2013-05-11, 20:32
Re: Does Hbase read .bashrc file??
Mohammad Tariq 2013-05-11, 20:45
Hello sir,

      Long time :)

Yeah, my understanding was same as whatever you have written. But today I
noticed that Hbase is picking HADOOP_HOME from bashrc when I was trying to
run it in standalone mode(on my local FS). Although all the Hadoop daemons
were stopped and Hbase was configured to run in standalone mode, it was
still trying to reach "hdfs://localhost:9000" and hence getting :

java.net.ConnectException: Call to localhost/127.0.0.1:9000 failed on
connection exception: .

So I arrived at the conclusion that if I have HADOOP_HOME set in bashrc,
Hbase will try to search for the NN neglecting the properties set in
hbase-site.xml. And once I commented out HADOOP_HOME in bashrc, everything
started behaving just perfectly.

Thank you.

Warm Regards,
Tariq