Zookeeper, mail # user - setting zookeeper heap size

Re: setting zookeeper heap size
Camille Fournier 2011-11-11, 01:35
Btw I'm pretty sure res is used heap and virt is just mapped but yet to be
filled. Use jstat -gc to see actual usage for the various collectors.

Also, if it's true that the jvm defaults to a xmx of half the ram (wtf bad
decision) we had better ship zk start scripts with more reasonable xmx
configured.
Although I've used u18 and u23 extensively on 64bit servers and never seen
it default to half the physical memory, or 32gig.