HDFS, mail # user - Cant get HDFS to load more than 1Gig total data

+
Scott 2010-01-07, 16:34
Re: Cant get HDFS to load more than 1Gig total data
Allen Wittenauer 2010-01-07, 16:49

On 1/7/10 8:34 AM, "Scott" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>  WARN hdfs.DFSClient: DataStreamer Exception:
> org.apache.hadoop.ipc.RemoteException: java.io.IOException: File
> /user/hadoop/ads3x11-1256301562.log.lzo could only be replicated to 0
> nodes, instead of 1

This almost always means your HDFS is in safemode and/or has no live
datanodes.

> I have checked quotas and found none.  I have also tried other users,
> including the hadoop user, and get the same result.  Any ideas?

How is the namenode heap?

Are you out of physical space?

What does hadoop fsck / say?
+