Chukwa >> mail # user >> Integration with log4j

+
NehaS Singh 2012-12-27, 09:26
Re: Integration with log4j
Hi,

Here RecordType is used just as a type name for the data. For example, if
you are configuring namenode logs, then recordtype would be
namenode,(recordType=Namenode)
if you are configuring datanode logs here, it would be datanode
(recordType=Datanode), etc., Basically, its a convenience to identify your
data.

btw, you should configure the log4j.properties in key=value format( as
shown below and its more readable). I'm not sure if space delimiters are
allowed for key,value pairs.

log4j.rootLogger=INFO, chukwa
log4j.appender.chukwa=org.apache.hadoop.chukwa.inputtools.log4j.
ChukwaDailyRollingFileAppender<http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/ChukwaDailyRollingFileAppender>

log4j.appender.chukwa.File=${CHUKWA_HOME}/logs/${RECORD_TYPE}.log
log4j.appender.chukwa.DatePattern<http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/DatePattern>
='.'yyyy-MM-dd
log4j.appender.chukwa.recordType=${RECORD_TYPE}
log4j.appender.chukwa.layout=org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout<http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/PatternLayout>

log4j.appender.chukwa.layout.ConversionPattern<http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/ConversionPattern>=%d{ISO8601}
%p %c: %m%n
Regards,