HBase >> mail # user >> hbase 0.94.4 with hadoop 0.23.5

Re: hbase 0.94.4 with hadoop 0.23.5
Just closing the loop here, it might help someone else to hand patch their
build process before I get the patches in the hadoop branch, no changes
required for hbase.

I backported the latest version of KerberosUtil from hadoop 2.0 branch and
recompiled hadoop-common/hadoop-auth and then installed the jar out to my
local maven repository. Ran the command "mvn clean package
-Dhadoop.profile=23" and I was able to build hbase against hadoop 0.23. Now
starts the more painful part of making sure everything works during runtime
:-)

Stack, I noticed that in all profiles except 0.23 there is hadoop-core or
hadoop-common includes, while in 0.23 there is only hadoop-client as a
dependency and there is no mention for hadoop-common or hadoop-auth
anywhere, do they get pulled in due to other dependencies ? Just trying to
understand the whole build process for hbase.

Thanks,
Viral