Avro >> mail # user >> java specific implementation uses GenericArray ?

Re: java specific implementation uses GenericArray ?

> GenericArray is designed to support object reuse, while native arrays
> and List make reuse difficult.  Probably GenericArray should be made to
> implement List, and perhaps the reader/writer code could be reworked to
> reuse objects when a GenericArray is used and not to when any other List
> is used.

Using GenericArray is not very symmetric; for maps we do use java.util.Map.
Ok the reason this is a problem for me is:
I am using specific to generate the classes and want to try
AvroRpcEngine (Avro tunnel in Hadoop). Everything was working fine until
I had arrays. The problem is AvroRpcEngine uses reflect. I think the
correct way would be to write my Avro tunnel in Hadoop which uses
specific instead of reflect APIs.

Sharad