Kafka >> mail # user >> buffer.time

+
Ming Han 2012-08-16, 08:23
Re: buffer.time
Hi Ming,

I'm relatively new to Kafka as well but here's my understanding of it.
If anyone thinks that this is incorrect please say so.

For producers there is a queue for async producers which you can turn a
couple of knobs to control when a batch of messages gets sent to the server:

|queue.time
| |queue.size||

If you're using a sync producer there's no queue because it's going to
send the message right away.
Cheers,
-Xavier
On 8/16/12 1:23 AM, Ming Han wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In http://incubator.apache.org/kafka/design.html, the documentation
> says that ``As events enter a queue, they are buffered in a blocking
> queue, until either buffer.time or batch.size is reached.``
>
> Is "buffer.time" a configurable option on the producer client or is it
> unimplemented?
> I can't find anything about this in
> http://incubator.apache.org/kafka/configuration.html
>
> Thanks,