Kafka, mail # user - buffer.time

Re: buffer.time
Xavier Stevens 2012-08-16, 15:33
Hi Ming,

I'm relatively new to Kafka as well but here's my understanding of it.
If anyone thinks that this is incorrect please say so.

For producers there is a queue for async producers which you can turn a
couple of knobs to control when a batch of messages gets sent to the server:

|queue.time
| |queue.size||

If you're using a sync producer there's no queue because it's going to
send the message right away.
Cheers,
-Xavier